I want to introduce you to a publishing business model that will generate passive income for you for years to come.
I call it the 'Low Hanging Fruit' system. It is quite simple, and here is what you do (keep in mind that you will need to make an investment to get a domain and hosting):
1. Use Wordtracker's free keyword tool to find a long tail keyword. A long tail keyword, in my standard, is a keyword that gets searched in Google at least 10 to 20 times per day (300 - 600 searches a month), and has a less than 5,000 results when using the allintitle: search in Google
The tool is located at http://freekeywords.wordtracker.com/gtrends
2. Register a domain based on that keyword and get it hosted. I use WholesalerDomains.com because it's a bit cheaper than Godaddy.
3. Once domain and hosting is set up, write a piece of article (around 300 - 500 words in length) for that keyword.
4. Find a way to monetize the traffic. If you are lazy, then Google Adsense will do. If you are ambitious, you can create an information product based on that keyword, or find affiliate programs that fit the traffic.
5. Submit that article to article directory sites, like ezinearticles.com, aritclecity.com, etc.
6. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the passive income.
7. Repeat steps 1 - 6 for different keywords.
When you have mastered the "low hanging fruit" system, you should be able to pick a "low hanging fruit" everyday, and build yourself a sizable passive income.
Later on I will show you how to pick "high hanging fruits" where it does take a little bit of time to get it, but once you got it, well, it's extra sweet!